Lathe Guard, Hinged. Fits up to 12" Chuck Diameter
LG-TR3-12 - 12" Wide Guard. Standard Model. $825.00
LG-TR3-18 - 18" Wide Guard. Standard Model - $875.00 MOST POPULAR
LG-TR3-12-SK1 - 12" Wide Guard. Interlocked Model, Magnetically Actuated Safety Interlock Switch. Dual Voltage 120VAC / 24VDC. $1,010.00
LG-TR3-18-SK1 - 18" Wide Guard. Interlocked Model, Magnetically Actuated Safety Interlock Switch. Dual Voltage 120VAC / 24VDC. $1,050.00
- Available with or without a safety interlock switch. Select when ordering. Safety switches are rated to only 2 amps and require some form of motor control to adapt to your 3 phase machine. Safety interlock retrofit can be purchased and easily added to existing guards later on.
- Hinged lathe guard fits most common small to mid size metal lathes with up to 12-inch diameter chuck maximum.
- Guards are available in a 12" wide or 18" wide (most popular) version.
- Interlocked model available. Select on drop down menu when ordering.
- Click here for brochure.
- Constructed from aluminum extrusion and 1/4" thick, replaceable polycarbonate (lexan).
- The included side lexan panel prevents reach-in and inadvertent contact with the rotating chuck, when installed and trimmed correctly to fit.
- Powder coated "OSHA Safety Orange"
- Mounts onto the lathes gearbox by using the adjustable brackets to bolt to the machine's existing gearbox bolt holes. Customer supplies bolts approximately 3/4" longer than the existing ones.
- Slotted brackets can be flipped around on the mounting extrusion and have 4" of slot to allow front to rear adjustment during installation.
- The gas spring aids in opening and keeps the guard hinged back well out of the way for setup and part change
- The front PVC strip curtain provides more chip containment and protection, while allowing flexibility in the access to the compound handle
- Optional lathe chuck guard mount style - bolt to side of gearbox. See last photo.