Hinged Lathe Safety Guard - Floor Mount
5-10 business days. This item is built to order based on the size of your machine. Contact us for a quote today!
These are constructed on a custom basis. Please specify required length of coverage ("Guard Width"). Average lead time on custom hinged lathe guards is 7-10 business days. These ship assembled on a pallet: LTL Freight.
Please fill in the measurement form when ordering so that we can design your lathe machine guarding system in CAD.
- Protects operators from flying chips, coolant, and the rotating chuck.
- Works well with small to medium-sized lathe machines. If you load parts with an overhead hoist, see our sliding guards.
- Available with interlock/safety switch
- Lathe chip guard constructed from 40mm industrial aluminum extrusion. Posts are 40x80mm extrusion
- The aluminum extrusion construction allows adjustment up/ down, and inward/outward upon installation.
- Polycarbonate Lexan front and top panel. 1/4" thick. Replaceable. We save every customer's Lexan sizes for easy future ordering of replacement panels.
- Polycarbonate Lexan panel included on the left side of guard to enclose chuck area. 1/4" thick.
- This lathe chip shield has an 8" Orange PVC strip curtain on the bottom (not shown) that provides additional chip containment that still allows access to the compound handle.
- Mounts to the floor behind the lathe supported to backsplash or machine. Concrete anchors are supplied.
- Dual gas struts assist the opening and keep the guard open during setup
- The handle comes installed on the front bar in the center of the guard.
- Can be made up to 30" wide. Common sizes: 18", 24", 30, (24" pictured)
- LED Light Option Available.