Hardinge HLV / Toolroom Hinged Lathe Guard
LG-TR2 - 12" wide, Standard Model, no interlock. $765.00
LG-TR2-SK1 - 12" wide. Interlocked Model. Magnetically Actuated Safety Interlock Switch. Dual Voltage 120VAC / 24VDC. $950.00
LG-TR2-18 - 18" wide, Standard Model, no interlock. $825.00
LG-TR2-18-SK1 - 18" wide. Interlocked Model. Magnetically Actuated Safety Interlock Switch. Dual Voltage 120VAC / 24VDC. $1,010.00
- This Hardinge toolroom lathe guard is available with or without a safety interlock switch. Select when ordering. Safety switches are rated to only 2 amps and require some form of motor control to adapt to your 3-phase machine. Safety interlock retrofit can be purchased and easily added to existing guards later.
- Hardinge HLV/Toolroom lathe safety guard protects operators from flying chips, coolant, and the rotating chuck.
- Guard hinges upwards, well out of the way for set-up.
- Gas strut raises guard and keeps in open position for set-up
- Guard is available in 2 sizes: 12" or 18" wide.
- Included side Lexan encloses the area around the chuck/spindle, preventing reach-in. Designed and cut to fit an HLV headstock.
- Constructed from industrial aluminum extrusion and 1/4" polycarbonate (Lexan). Replacement Lexan panels are available.
- Powder-coated "OSHA Safety Orange"
- Mounts by drilling/ bolting to the coolant tray. The design is engineered to clear the various locations of objects such as coolant pumps and power wires. The posts may be positioned anywhere to clear these. Contact us for a floor mount version!
- Will fit Hardinge HLV/HLV-H, HC chucker, DSM-59, DV-59, TL, TFB-H, and import copies such as Cyclematic & Sharp
- Note how the mounting can be reversed- see Photos 9 & 10. The lathe guard is shown on a Clausing Colchester 15 x 48 lathe. Hardinge Dovetail machines need to be installed like this to clear the motor behind the headstock.