Hinged Lathe Safety Guard - Floor Mount
Contact us for a quote. These are constructed on a custom basis. Please specify required length of coverage ("Guard Width").
Please fill in the measurement form when ordering so that we can design your lathe guarding system in CAD.
Average lead time on custom lathe guards is 7-10 business days. These ship assembled on a pallet: LTL Freight. Contact us for a quote.
- Protects operators from flying chips, coolant, and the rotating chuck.
- Works well with small to medium sized lathe machines. If you load parts with an overhead hoist, see our sliding guards.
- Available with interlock / safety switch
- Guard constructed from 40mm industrial aluminum extrusion. Posts are 40x80mm extrusion
- The aluminum extrusion construction allows adjustment up/ down, and inward/outward upon installation.
- Polycarbonate Lexan front and top panel. 1/4" thick. Replaceable. We save every customers lexan sizes for easy future ordering of replacement panels.
- Polycarbonate Lexan panel included on left side of guard to enclose chuck area. 1/4" thick.
- 8" Orange PVC strip curtain on the bottom (not shown) provides additional chip containment while still allowing access to the compound handle.
- Mounts to the floor behind the lathe, supported to backsplash or machine. Concrete anchors are supplied.
- Dual gas struts assist the opening and keep the guard open during setup
- Handle comes installed on the front bar in the center of the guard.
- Can be made up to 30" wide. Common sizes: 18", 24", 30, (24" pictured)