Hinged Lathe Safety Guard - Floor Mount
Contact us for a quote. These are constructed on a custom basis. Please specify required length of coverage ("Guard Width").
Please fill in the measurement form when ordering so that we can design your lathe guarding system in CAD.
Average lead time on custom lathe guards is 7-10 business days. These ship assembled on a pallet: LTL Freight.
- Protects operators from flying chips, coolant, and the rotating chuck.
- Works well with small to medium sized lathe machines.
- Available with interlock / safety switch
- Guard constructed from 40mm industrial aluminum extrusion. Posts from 40x80mm extrusion
- Extrusion allows adjustment up and down, and inward/outward upon installation. Also provides a way to bolt lexan to enclose the sides.
- Polycarbonate Lexan front and top panel. 1/4" thick. Replaceable. We save every customers lexan sizes for easy ordering.
- Polycarbonate Lexan panel on left side to enclose chuck area. 1/4" thick
- 8" Orange PVC strip curtain on the bottom (not shown) provides additional chip containment while still allowing access to the compound handle.
- Mounts to the floor behind the lathe, supported to backsplash or machine.
- Dual gas struts assist the opening and keep the guard open during setup
- Handle can be positioned on either side.
- Can be made up to 30" wide. Common sizes: 18", 24", 30, (24" pictured)