Ram Mount Milling Machine Guard
In stock. Ships the same day if ordered by 3PM EST
MG-3 - Standard Model, no interlock. $675.00
MG-3-SK1 - Interlocked Model. Magnetically Actuated Safety Interlock Switch. Dual Voltage 120VAC / 24VDC. Click here for specs. $843.00
- Installs in minutes on most manual vertical milling machines- Truly bolt-on. No drilling into machine is required!
- Bolts to the large threaded hole on top of the ram originally used as the lifting point. Designed around a series I Bridgeport, but fits most brands out there. We supply the correct hardware/ arm length based on the machine brand. Enter your machine's brand before adding to cart.
- Available with or without a safety interlock switch. Select when ordering. Safety switches are rated to only 2 amps and require some form of motor control to adapt to your 3 phase machine.
- Protects operators from flying chips, coolant, and accidental contact with the rotating cutter / spindle. Polycarbonate shield (lexan) 1/4" thick
- Front arm swings open to the left 180 degrees for easy setup and work access
- D.R.O mount extender included (since this is where most DRO's mount)
- Milling machine chip guard features heavy duty steel adjustable handles- pull out and orient 360 degrees
- Articulating arms allow operator to easily position the shield to fit different work-pieces or fixtures. Guard can also be adjusted left to right on the rail.
- Ram mount milling machine guard works with head tilted all the way, as shown with flat shield
- Includes curved lexan shield and flat shield for use when the curved shield is not possible.
- Industrial T-slot extrusion provides a way to mount work lamp or other accessories.
- All CNC billet aluminum construction, Powder coated "OSHA Safety Orange"