Baldor Grinder Tongue Guard / Spark Arrestor
ATS-TG68-O - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 6,7,8" Grinder, Orange Powder Coat $16.95 ea.
ATS-TG68 - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 6,7,8" Grinder, Stainless Steel 304 $12.95 ea.
ATS-TG10-O - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 10" Grinder, Orange Powder Coat $35.00 ea.
ATS-TG10 - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 10" Grinder, Stainless Steel 304 $30.00 ea.
ATS-TG1214-O - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 12, 14" Grinder, Orange Powder Coat $44.00 ea.
ATS-TG1214 - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 12, 14" Grinder, Plain Mild Steel $39.00 ea.
Add these often-missing tongue guards aka spark arrestors to your Baldor Grinder and bring your machine up to OSHA standards! This is one of the most commonly cited OSHA violations.: 1910.215(b)(9) Guarding of abrasive wheel grinding machinery. The peripheral protecting member (guard) shall be provided and adjusted within 1⁄4 inch of the wheel to contain and deflect fragments away from the operator.
- Price is per each. Two grinder safety guards are usually required per machine.
- 3 sizes available. Fits 6" through 8" diameter wheel Baldor Grinders, 10" Baldors, and 12 & 14" Baldor grinders.
- Available in plain finish or orange powder coat. Choose orange so they don't get misplaced in the shop!
- Plain version: Laser Cut from 11 gauge 304 Stainless Steel. The 12-14" tongue Guard is 11 ga. HRPO Mild Steel.
- Installation Hardware Included
- Comparable to Baldor part number G6AP1002A01SP spark arrestor for 6-8", G0AP1002SP for 10", and G2AP1001 for 12" & 14"
- In addition to this product, make sure your work rest is adjusted properly to be OSHA compliant! 1910.215(a)(4) Abrasive wheel machinery—General requirements. Work rests—on offhand grinding machines, work rests shall be used to support the work.… Work rests shall be kept adjusted closely to the wheel with a maximum opening of 1⁄8 inch to prevent work from being jammed between wheel and rest.…
- The bolt spacing on the 10" version is 1.19" It is slotted for 3/8" bolts
- The bolt spacing on the 12-14" version is 2.00" It is slotted for 3/8" bolts
- The 6-8" version (single slot) will clear a 5/16" bolt.