Baldor Grinder Tongue Guard / Spark Arrestor
In Stock! Ships out the same business day if ordered by 3PM EST
In stock. Ships the same day if ordered by 3PM EST
ATS-TG68-O - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 6,7,8" Grinder, ORANGE $16.95 ea.
ATS-TG68 - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 6,7,8" Grinder, PLAIN mild steel $12.95 ea.
ATS-TG10-O - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 10" Grinder, ORANGE $35.00 ea.
ATS-TG10 - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 10" Grinder, PLAIN mild steel $30.00 ea.
ATS-TG1214-O - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 12, 14" Grinder, ORANGE $44.00 ea.
ATS-TG1214 - Tongue Guard / spark arrestor for Baldor 12, 14" Grinder, PLAIN mild steel $39.00 ea.
Add these often-missing tongue guards aka spark arrestors to your Baldor Grinder and bring your machine up to OSHA standards! This is one of the most commonly cited OSHA violations.: 1910.215(b)(9) Guarding of abrasive wheel grinding machinery. The peripheral protecting member (guard) shall be provided and adjusted within 1⁄4 inch of the wheel to contain and deflect fragments away from the operator.
- Price is per each. Two grinder safety guards are usually required per machine.
- 3 sizes available. Fits 6" through 8" diameter wheel Baldor Grinders, 10" Baldors, and 12 & 14" Baldor grinders.
- Available in plain steel or orange powder coat. Choose orange so they don't get misplaced in the shop!
- Made from 11 ga. HRPO Steel, Laser Cut
- Installation Hardware Included
- Comparable to Baldor part number G6AP1002A01SP spark arrestor for 6-8", G0AP1002SP for 10", and G2AP1001 for 12" & 14"
- In addition to this product, make sure your work rest is adjusted properly to be OSHA compliant! 1910.215(a)(4) Abrasive wheel machinery—General requirements. Work rests—on offhand grinding machines, work rests shall be used to support the work.… Work rests shall be kept adjusted closely to the wheel with a maximum opening of 1⁄8 inch to prevent work from being jammed between wheel and rest.…
- The bolt spacing on the 10" version is 1.19"
- The bolt spacing on the 12-14" version is 2.00"