Lathe Guard, Sliding & Hinged, For Small to Medium Lathes
Original price $1,125.00 - Original price $1,275.00
$1,125.00 - $1,275.00
Current price $1,125.00
PART # LG-TR3-12-SLH
This lathe safety guard from ATS Safety can slide in addition to hinge up! Designed for machines in the range of 8 - 16" chuck diameters. Contact us for safety interlock option quote.
- Sliding & Hinged lathe guard fits most common small to mid size metal lathes with up to 16-inch diameter chuck maximum.
- Guards are available in a 12" wide or 18" wide version.
- Slide frame uses dual 20mm hardened linear rails and ball bearing blocks for a robust slide function. Height adjustment is possible when installing on the mounting plate.
- Slide rail length: the 12" wide guard has a 22" slide frame for approximately 18" of slide travel and the 18" guard has a 29.5" slide frame for 25.5" of travel.
- The guard also hinges up with a gas strut.
- Interlocked options available. Contact us for quote.
- Guard is constructed from 30mm aluminum extrusion and 1/4" thick, replaceable polycarbonate (lexan).
- Powder coated "OSHA Safety Orange"
- Mounts onto the lathes gearbox by using the adjustable brackets to bolt to the machine's existing gearbox bolt holes or by drilling/tapping. The 40x80mm extrusion mounting rail is 40" long standard.
- Slotted brackets can be flipped around on the mounting extrusion and have 4" of slot to allow front to rear adjustment during installation.
- The front PVC strip curtain provides more chip containment and protection, while allowing flexibility in the access to the compound handle