Floor Mount Milling Machine Guard
MG-1 - Standard Model, no interlock. $765.00
MG-1-SK1 - Interlocked Model. Magnetically Actuated Safety Interlock Switch. Dual Voltage 120VAC / 24VDC. $950.00
Note: If you have a Bridgeport / standard vertical mill, part # MG-3 or MG-2 are bolt-on options!
- This milling machine shield is available with or without a safety interlock switch. Select when ordering. Safety switches are rated to only 2 amps and require some form of motor control to adapt to your 3 phase machine. Safety interlock retrofit can be purchased and easily added to existing guards later on.
- Milling machine safety guard protects operators from flying chips, coolant, and accidental contact with the rotating cutter/spindle. Polycarbonate shield (Lexan) 1/4" thick
- Front arm swings open to the left 180 degrees for easy setup and work access
- When one of our bolt-on options will not work for your manual vertical milling machine, the floor mount style may be used.
- The milling machine shield mounts to the floor with a heavy-duty aluminum post and foot. Concrete anchors are included.
- Standard Post height = 60" Check your machine before ordering. If your mill has a "riser block" or is taller than a standard Bridgeport, you may need to request a taller post.
- Heavy-duty steel adjustable handles- pull out and orient 360 degrees
- Articulating arms allow the operator to easily position the shield to fit different workpieces or fixtures. Guard can also be adjusted left to right on the rail.
- Works with head tilted over either direction, with an optional flat shield
- Includes curved Lexan shield
- Standard Shield: 9" tall. Taller shields are available. Go to the replacement shield page to order 12" tall RMS-1
- Industrial T-slot extrusion provides a way to mount other accessories.
- All CNC billet aluminum construction, Powder-coated "OSHA Safety Orange"
- Standard arms are 14". Custom lengths are available for this milling machine guard.